February Blog

This school year has flown by. With only one more Med Pharm and one more principles test left for the semester, I have been feeling both accomplished and scared. As the shelf exam approaches, it is important to utilize the study skills we have developed over the course of this year. I feel confident that our past exams have equipped us with the tools necessary to succeed on this upcoming exam, but there is still so much material to review. I have also fine-tuned my study skills in this masters program. For much of undergrad, I took the approach of waiting until the day or two before and then cramming knowledge until the test where I could immediately forget everything the moment I turned it in. This technique would not fly in this program, as much of the material builds off of each other.

Reflecting back on the year, Med Pharm has been my favorite course by far. It is crazy to think how far we have come and how much we know about drugs now. One thing I took away from this course was the importance of contraindications. This was not something I had ever really considered before this year as I have never had a contraindication personally. I used to think physicians just prescribed "the best drug" for a given disease, but it is so much more than that. As many of us want to become physicians, it is of utmost importance to know how to treat our patients best, and part of that is understanding the importance of medical history to make sure they are taking the right drug for them.

I did not complete service hours this month, but I am looking forward to volunteering at the Women's Marathon on March 8.

Service Hours: 0

Comments

Popular Posts