September Blog

I chose to volunteer with Nola On Tap at the beer festival a couple weekends ago to support the LA/SPCA. For the morning shift, I volunteered at the will call station where I got to meet so many dogs and friendly faces. I was nervous at first because it was raining when I first arrived to the event, but the weather cooperated for most of the day. My family adopted all of our pets (2 cats and 2 dogs) from the LASPCA, so it is important to me to encourage others to adopt instead of shop because there are so many sweet animals that need homes. In addition, the LASPCA relies on volunteers to feed, walk, and play with the animals, so donations are important to keep the LASPCA running smoothly and efficiently. Several of my fellow classmates also volunteered at this event, so it was a bonus to get to know my peers better outside of the classroom. Overall, the event was a success, and I am happy for the opportunity to volunteer with an organization that has provided me with my pets and the ability to volunteer with my peers.

To change gears, my overall experience with this program thus far has been amazing. I love that the class is a tight knit group where we can all work together to study for those challenging Medical Pharmacology clinical questions together. I also appreciate all of the faculty who genuinely care about our success in this program and are available both inside and outside of the classroom to help us understand the more challenging concepts. Reflecting after these two exam days, I feel confident in my ability to succeed in this program.



Comments

Popular Posts