January Blog

With the start of a new semester, I had to adjust a little to the new schedule which includes our electives in the afternoon. I really enjoy having the electives and their discussion-based learning style over the traditional lecture and respective exam format. In endocrine pharmacology, I appreciate how the class theme- stress manifests into physical symptoms- relates to how stress impacts our everyday lives. Not only is the class relatable, but the class presentations add some spunk into a very important theme we will encounter as physicians. In undergrad at Tulane, I majored in Neuroscience, so I was also excited for the neuropharmacology elective. This elective complements our current neuropharmacology module in Med Pharm. 

We have already taken our first exam for the Endo/Repro module. I felt as though I started off the semester strong. I developed my study schedule and study habits over the course of the first semester, and I can say that I comfortably have it down to succeed on future exams. Studying with another person or in a group has helped me the most to succeed on these exams because someone holds you accountable for strengthening your weaknesses. Quizzing with a partner also helps to make sure you really know the information and can verbalize it. The one exam I am nervous for is the shelf exam. I am hoping that I can prepare for it just as I have prepared for the other exams, but I do have some nerves.

Volunteer hours for spring semester so far: 0

Comments

Popular Posts