December Blog (12 hours)

This past weekend, I volunteered for the PLARK park cleanup in Palmer Park off of Carrollton Ave. We just walked around the park picking up all of the trash on the grass and on the playground area. I was surprised by the amount of litter. I guess I often overlook the fact that most of our public places are filled with trash, and we have become desensitized to noticing it within our community spaces. It is especially important to keep parks clean because children and pets are the main visitors, and we want to maintain a safe environment for them to play.  In addition, there were not many volunteers, so maybe the public is not aware of this problem in our parks. I know Audubon park has steep fines for litter. Maybe we should hold visitors to these neighborhood parks to the same standard of accountability? I recognized the importance of this volunteer experience to keep the parks clean.

Reflecting on this past semester, I am overall happy with my performance on the module exams. I have changed my study habits over the semester to be more proactive and responsible for learning the information in advance. After learning the different professors' teaching methods, I have adapted my note-taking to fit each one. I have also learned that group studying is my tool to success on these exams. Quizzing each other and talking through concepts has definitely helped me excel.

December volunteer hours: 2
Total semester hours: 12

Comments

Popular Posts