November Blog (10 Volunteer Hours)

This month, I volunteered at the Girls on the Run race in Audubon park. I volunteered with Brice at the water station where we assisted in filling cups with water and passing them out to the runners for about 4 hours. Girls on the Run is a nonprofit girls empowerment program that aims to inspire young girls to be healthy and confident through running. This program is important because many girls early in life are steered towards "girly" sports and hobbies and discouraged from leadership-type roles. Bringing awareness to this issue and encouraging young girls to be confident through running is a step in the right direction.

Regarding curriculum reflection, I have been happy with my performance on the past few exams. I think I have devised a successful study schedule for these exams. I made an effort this month to not procrastinate on studying, and this one change has made me feel more confident going into the exam and lowering my overall test anxiety. The renal pulmonary block is my favorite block thus far.


Comments

Popular Posts